Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Great American Hot Dog Book


For Christmas, my wife got me a copy of The Great American Hot Dog Book by Becky Mercuri (copyright 2007).

One can imagine that with a web site named "WillsWienerWorld.com", I immediately tore into this tome and began to "devour" it's contents (pun intended).

Becky's writing style is easy to digest (ok... I swear... not too many more puns...), but she's a food writer whose job assignment was to write a book about hot dogs, and not truly a hot dog fanatic. It'll be interesting to see if that has any impact on the book...

On the other hand, her research seems to have been very thorough and she hits the high points nicely.

More to come...

1 comment:

  1. The holy grail of books! I have got to find this and read it cover to cover.

    I came across your site courtesy of the gourmetchilidog and had to follow you.

    Check me out at www.dogsontheroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete